First Aid at Work Training
Our accredited First Aid training has been designed to be informative, engaging and hands on, allowing people who complete the course to feel confident, knowledgeable and capable about performing first aid.
Our accredited First Aid training provides participants with all the knowledge needed to be competent, confident and reliable First Aiders. The course is hands-on, and interactive with multiple competencies to assess each participant, making sure they leave able to perform all the elements of first aid.
This course is perfect for those who work in a higher-risk environment, work in a company with many employees or those who want to have a solid grounding and wide knowledge base of First Aid.
Our course content is informed by the HSE guidance and provides hands on, interactive training to comply with the Health and Safety (First aid) regulations.
Understand the role of the First Aider, including reference to:
- The importance of preventing cross infection
- The need for recording incidents and actions and the use of available equipment
- Assessing the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizures)
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation and use an automated external defibrillator
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters)
- Administering first aid to a casualty with:
- Injuries to bones, muscles and joints, including suspected spinal injuries
- Chest injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Eye injuries
- Sudden poisoning
- Anaphylactic shock
- Recognising the presence of major illness (including heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, asthma, diabetes) and providing appropriate first aid
During the course, the trainer will observe skills displayed throughout, there will also be competencies throughout with knowledge checks, an end-of-course assessment and research-based tasks.
Email: email@example.com or call: 0330 100 2821 for more information.