This course will offer participants an insight into how people are affected physically by dementia, as well as the signs, symptoms, impact and treatment of dementia.
Participants will learn about the different levels of dementia, how it is caused and how the condition can be treated.
- What is dementia?
- Signs, symptoms and types
- Assessment and medication
- Communication and physiological effects
- Hallucination and delusions
- Associated eating disorders and incontinence problems
Dementia Awareness Training will guide participants using a person-centred approach to care, discuss how the brain works and the onset of dementia.