This course will provide participants with practical training as refresher or foundation knowledge covering all aspects of safe medication provision.
The training is relevant for all health personnel working in nurseries, schools, colleges, universities and other public or private education establishments.
- Legislation and guidance
- Medication labelling, storage and disposal
- Record keeping
- Over the counter medication
- Specialised medication administration
- Confidentiality and consent
- Dose instructions
- Medication errors and reducing risk
- Side effects and adverse reactions
- How to administer tablets, liquids, patches, eye drops, inhalers etc
The course covers guidance on the broad medication requirements for the education sector with bespoke training available to meet the policies, procedures and paperwork for individual schools, colleges, universities or colleges.
If these principles are not in place, our trainers can help you to develop the appropriate measures and systems.