Our course content is informed by the HSE guidance and provides hands on, interactive training to comply with the Health and Safety (First aid) regulations.
- Understand the role of the First Aider, including reference to:
- The importance of preventing cross infection
- The need for recording incidents and actions and the use of available equipment
- Assessing the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizures)
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation and use an automated external defibrillator
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters)
During the course, the trainer will observe skills displayed throughout, there will also be competences throughout with knowledge checks, and research based tasks.
Not what you are looking for?
Take a look at our accredited First-Aid at Work which is a 3-day course for a maximum of 12 people. This course is for first-aid on adults and children who have reached puberty.
If you work with children who have not reached puberty, take a look at our Paediatric first-aid which is a 2-day course for a maximum of 12 participants.