The CPD Standards Office-accredited course is designed to provide participants with a thorough understanding of the anatomy and physiology involved with Gastrostomy and Jejunostomy and the indications why people have enteral tubes.
The course content is practical and interactive, introducing participants to the range of equipment used, its safe handling and effective feeding methods.
- Anatomy and safe use of gastrostomy
- Environment preparation and hygiene
- Gastrostomy devices – handling and care
- Feeding methods and positioning
- Safe medication administration
- Roles and responsibilities
- Reduce clinical risk and trouble shooting
- Guidance on legislation and record keeping
Participants will improve/gain knowledge on how to administer enteral feed safely and in the correct manner.
Content will outline how to gain consent, adhere to guidelines, and document procedure in a clear, concise and professional manner.