The course is designed to provide participants with a thorough understanding of the anatomy and physiology involved with gastrostomy and the indications why children/young people have enteral tubes.
The course content is practical and interactive, introducing participants to the range of equipment used, its safe handling and effective feeding methods.
- Anatomy and safe use of gastrostomy
- Environment preparation and hygiene
- Gastrostomy devices – handling and care
- Feeding methods and positioning
- Safe medication administration
- Roles and responsibilities
- Reduce clinic risk and trouble shooting
- Guidance on legislation and record keeping
Participants will improve their knowledge on how to reduce and prevent anxiety when dealing with clients. Content will outline how to gain consent, adhere to compliance, and administer feed safely and in the correct manner.